Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Will having my heavy husband lie on my stomach hurt the baby?

When my husband and I had sex last night he laid on my lower abdomen for about half a min and it was very uncomfortable. He is a heavy man (250 lbs) and I am pretty tiny. I am 11 weeks pregnant and now I am terrified he crushed the baby. I am not bleeding or leaking any fluids, but I feel like my lower abdomen is not sticking out as much as it has been. Am I just being paranoid for no reason, or is there reason to worry?Will having my heavy husband lie on my stomach hurt the baby?
my husband is about the same size - my 3 kids are fine. It does grow increasingly uncomfortable as the pregnancy goes on. The only thing that could really hurt your baby though is if it's keeping you from breathing or anything like that. if you don't feel it's safe though - don't do it. try other positions, just make sure you're comfortable.





Best wishes!Will having my heavy husband lie on my stomach hurt the baby?
The baby is safe. It would take a lot more direct pressure to hurt the baby, but you will probably want to explore having relations in more creative positions to avoid your discomfort.





Some of the more popular positions for pregnant couples are: woman on top; the man cladding the woman's back; lying side by side; or spooning. I think you should experiement and do what works best for you.
Your baby is fine and don't stress. It is well protected in there and is barely big enough to be out of your pelvis at this point. Think of a mom with other kids..they jump and hug all over their moms while they are pregnant and the babies are fine. Or a mom who has pets...same thing. There is plenty of fluid, tummy tissue and abdominal muscles to protect your baby. I just let my hubby lay on me for a bit then I kick him off..lol or the baby starts to kick him anyways..lol. Please don't stress..like you said, you have no bleeding, no fluid leaking. =)
it should be okay but if it is an uncomfortable position i wouldnt do it again.the baby is still pretty small and is well cushioned so it should be fine.if you feel any pain or cramps then call the doctor.
Yes you're being paranoid.


His weight was distributed across your whole body. Your baby is protected by your abdominal muscles, the uterus, and a cushion of fluid.
You should be okay but that is not something that you should let happen again. But maybe you should go to a doctor just to make sure
you should be fine, myself and my wife have sex right the way through her pregnacy's but find the best position is lieing on your side with your husband behind you!
At only 11 weeks, you're fine. No reason to worry unless you start having pains or abnormal discharge.
probably ok but I wouldnt let him do that anymore
i think you should be ok
go and check wih the doc ASAP

No comments:

Post a Comment