Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How can I cash my tax return check , without a bank account ? Can I sign it over to my husband ?

I do not have or want a bank account . I do not want to have a joint account with my husband . But I do want to cash my tax return , it is over $4,000 .. It is in both my husband and my name ... He has a bank account , can I just sign it over to him , and put it into his account ? We live in New York , although , i'm not sure that matters ... Thank you !!How can I cash my tax return check , without a bank account ? Can I sign it over to my husband ?
Call his bank and ask. Each bank has different policies on signing checks over to another person. You should be able to. Otherwise you could go to a check cashing location, although you will have to find one that will accept a check of that amount, and they may take a good sized chunk. hope that helps.





I Didn't notice that your question stated it is in both your names. I apologize, you both need to sign the check and it can be deposited in his account just fine.How can I cash my tax return check , without a bank account ? Can I sign it over to my husband ?
Hi Niki


im having the same problem, my wife does not have any checking acct. she did did sign the the check but my bank rejected it (Citibank). good luck.

Report Abuse



It's not ';YOUR'; refund check! It belongs to both you and your husband since both of your names are on it. You BOTH must endorse it and then your husband can deposit it into his bank account. He can then withdraw whatever he chooses to and give it to you.
  • remove blackheads
  • makeup ideas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment