Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How long does it take for a citizen to bring her husband to US?

They got married in his country, she's a US citizen and wants to bring him to America.How long does it take for a citizen to bring her husband to US?
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.鈥?/a> - this is also very helpful. And yes, the process often takes about a year. But at least you can wait together in the US while awaiting the approval of your I-130 (Permanent resident visa - or 'green' card)How long does it take for a citizen to bring her husband to US?
1. K3 Nonimmigrant Visa for Spouse - You file I-130, I-129F, G-325a.


It will take from 10-18 months and once I-129F is approved you send I-134 or I-864. After your spouse enters to US, they have to file I-485 Adjustment of Status and wait about 8-12 months until to get green card.





2. CR1/IR1 Immigrant Visa for Spouse - You file I-130, G-325a. It will take from 8-20 months and once I-130 is approved, your spouse will have interview at the US embassy. That time they will need your I-864. Once it is approved, at the Port of Entry in US, your spouse will get I-551 green card stamped on the passport and the actual card will arrive in mail.





http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.鈥?/a>
It will take about a year for a K-3 (spouse) visa.





The US citizen needs to file I-130, I-864 and G-325A with the USCIS. You can find the forms here....





http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/m鈥?/a>
It depends on the country if it is in the Caribbean it relatively medium process but if it is Afghanistan or any Arabic country it may be very difficult. You have been very vague about where the husband is from.

No comments:

Post a Comment