Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Where can i get the immigration papers to pettiton for my husband?

Im turning 18 in six months and i want to start fixing my husband his papers so he can go to mexico. i want him to become a resident but i dont know where i have to go or what to do to get those papers.Where can i get the immigration papers to pettiton for my husband?
Your best bet is to consult with an immigration attorney. They are familiar with all the complicated rules. Rules which can change depending on the country from which the person is coming and the nature of his relationships in the USA. Most questions like this may appear straightforward, but they rarely are. Please consult a lawyer.Where can i get the immigration papers to pettiton for my husband?
Hi. The process you need to follow depends on his situation. If he entered the country illegally (i.e. he entered without being inspected by an immigration official) then he will have to first return to Mexico. If he entered illegally and stay longer than 180 or 360 days he will be subject to a 3 or 10 year bar. If this is the situation then you will have to file an I-130 petition and request a waiver of the 3/10 year bar once he has returned to Mexico. These are difficult to obtain so you might need some help.





If he entered legally and you are a U.S. Citizen then you need to file an I-130 and an I-485 petition for adjustment of status.





I've included a few links below to some websites that contain more information on the processes and issues you face. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment